Why hello! You're here! That means you must be interested in hiring a pet sitter, right? Maybe you're a bit nervous at the thought of a stranger coming into your home and caring for your pets. Or maybe you're a seasoned veteran and know how great a pet sitter can be to have on hand! Either way I have compiled a list to show you what an asset a pet sitter can be to you and your furry kids.
1. Your pet remains in his/her safe, secure environment where everything is familiar. This is very important and calming to most animals. Boarding facilities can be traumatic and stressful.
2. Your pet follows his or her customary schedule. I will try and accommodate your pet's feeding and potty routine as best as possible.
3. Your pet is not exposed to other animals or possible illness or injury. Let's face it, no matter how clean or safe a boarding facility looks they can not guarantee your pet will not contract an illness or be injured by another dog
4. Your pet is saved from the trauma of being taken away from home. Cats are especially freaked out when taken out of their home environment. All pets are most happy when allowed to stay home. You may say, "yes but with only a couple visits per day my pet will be lonely, and a boarding facility is a better option." The truth is, at a boarding facility your pet will be kept in a small space for at least 23 hours per day. Most places will only let your dog out for potty twice, charging extra for "extra outs." There is not a lot of one-on-one attention.
5. Your pet will receive love and attention while you are away. A good pet sitter ( such as... oh... ME :)) will spend quality time with you pets giving them love and attention, playing with them, and taking them for walks.
6. Your house and plants are taken care of. Your mail won't overflow and your newspapers and fliers won't pile up because I will be there to bring them inside. I can also alternate lights, put out the garbage, and make the home looked lived-in to deter potential criminals.
7. No more bothering and imposing on a friend or neighbor to take care of your pets. Not to mention, there's a good chance they don't have proper pet care experience. Since they're not getting paid they may forget to show up and not care how good of a job they do. They could also start to resent you if you repeatedly request their help.
8. You have the peace of mind knowing your house and pets are secure and cared for. I will gladly send you updates on your pet's well being and am always available via phone, text, or email.
So there you have it! If that doesn't convince you that pet sitters are awesome, I don't know what will! :)
I provide pet sitting in North Scottsdale, pet sitting in Phoenix, and dog walking in Phoenix and North Scottsdale.
Check out my service area page and if you live in my area, give me a call to set up your free meet & greet!